Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use - Part 2-081: Particular requirements for automatic and semi-automatic laboratory equipment for analysis and other purposes
Règles de sécurité pour appareils électriques de mesurage, de régulation et de laboratoire - Partie 2-081: Exigences particulières pour les appareils de laboratoire, automatiques et semi-automatiques, destinés à l'analyse et autres usages
|Standard number:||IEC 61010-2-081:2015|
|Language:||English/French - Bilingual|
IEC 61010-2-081:2015 is available as IEC 61010-2-081:2015 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 61010-2-081:2015 applies to automatic and semi-automatic laboratory equipment for analysis and other purposes. Automatic and semi-automatic laboratory equipment consists of instruments or systems for measuring or modifying one or more characteristics or parameters of samples, performing the complete process or parts of the process without manual intervention. Equipment forming part of such a system is within the scope of this standard. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2003. It constitutes a technical revision and includes the following significant changes from the first edition, as well as numerous other changes:
- excluded IEC 61010-2-101 (IVD Equipment) from scope. This separates IEC 61010-2-081 and IEC 61010-2-101 equipment;
- added biological risks symbol to Table 1 in Clause 5;
- added requirement for statement on hazardous substances and gases in Instructions for Use to Clause 5;
- Added marking requirement for flow direction to Clause 5;
- added requirement for OPERATOR maintenance instructions to Clause 7;
- excluded equipment whose size and weight make unintentional movement unlikely from drop test in Clause 8;
- added requirement for biohazard marking to Clause 13;
- added requirement for interlock systems containing electric/electronic or programmable components to Clause 15.
It has the status of a group safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 61010-1:2010.