Radio data system (RDS) - VHF/FM sound broadcasting in the frequency range from 64,0 MHz to 108,0 MHz - Part 2: Message format: Coding and definition of RDS features
|Standard number:||IEC 62106-2:2018|
IEC 62106-2:2018 defines the coding and definition of features for the Radio Data System (RDS).
IEC 62106-2:2018 together with IEC 62106-1, IEC 62106-3, IEC 62106-4, IEC 62106-5 and IEC 62106-6, cancels and replaces IEC 62106:2015, and constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 62106:2015:
• Provision has been made to carry RDS on multiple data-streams (RDS2).
• Data in the additional data-streams is using a newly defined group type C data structure.
• AF coding below 87,6 MHz (down to 64,1 MHz) using ODA-AID 0x6365 (see IEC 62106-6).
• Long PS (UTF-8) support has been added using group type 15A.
• Coding for the following applications is no longer detailed in the RDS standard as these can use in future the ODA concept: EWS, TDC, IH and RP.
• Obsolete and no longer part of the RDS standard are: MS (Group 0A, 0B and 15B) certain DI codes (mono/stereo, artificial head, compression), Language code, and PIN (Group 1A).