Design for manufacture, assembly, disassembly and end-of-life processing (MADE) Reconditioning
|Standard number:||BS 8887-240:2011|
|ISBN:||978 0 580 73169 3|
This standard BS 8887-240:2011 Design for manufacture, assembly, disassembly and end-of-life processing (MADE) is classified in these ICS categories:
- 01.110 Technical product documentation
- 03.100.50 Production. Production management
- 01.100.01 Technical drawings in general
This part of BS 8887 specifies requirements for the process of reconditioning, i.e. returning a used product to a satisfactory working condition by rebuilding or repairing major components that are close to failure, even where there are no reported or apparent faults in those components. The reconditioning process can include parts or components to be used in subsequent assembly. This part of BS 8887 is applicable to manufactured products. It is not applicable to:
- certain transient products or consumables (e.g. food, fuel);
- digital media;
- commodity materials (e.g. base chemical substances, sand or minerals).
NOTE It should be noted that BS 8887-2 defines recondition and refurbishment as synonymous.