PRICES include / exclude VAT
immediate downloadReleased: 2019-08-27
BS EN 60704-3:2019
Household and similar electrical appliances. Test code for the determination of airborne acoustical noise Procedure for determining and verifying declared noise emission values
Price and currency
English Secure PDF
|Standard number:||BS EN 60704-3:2019|
|ISBN:||978 0 580 92712 6|
BS EN 60704-3:2019
This standard BS EN 60704-3:2019 Household and similar electrical appliances. Test code for the determination of airborne acoustical noise is classified in these ICS categories:
- 25.040.40 Industrial process measurement and control
- 17.140.20 Noise emitted by machines and equipment
- 97.040.01 Kitchen equipment in general
- 17.120.20 Flow in open channels
IEC 60704-3:2019 describes procedures for determining and verifying the declared values of the noise emitted by household and similar appliances. It applies to all categories of household and similar electrical appliances covered by IEC 60704-1 and all parts of IEC 60704-2, which include particular requirements for special categories of appliances. It applies to appliances being produced in quantity, such as in batches, series or lots, which are manufactured to the same technical specification and characterized by the same declared value of noise emission. This part of IEC 60704:
– considers the term "declaration" to include all means for providing information on the noise emission values to potential users (consumers) of the appliances; this includes labels, brochures, advertisements, commercial and technical information papers, etc.;
– considers the declaration for appliances manufactured by mass production;
– specifies a simple statistical method for verifying the declared values by investigating a sample of only three appliances.
This International Standard is to be used in conjunction with IEC 60704-1:2010 and the latest edition of IEC 60704-2 (all parts).
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2006. This edition constitutes a technical revision. It includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) in Annex A, standard deviations that are now specified for various appliance categories in the parts of IEC 60704-2 have been excluded from Table A.1;
b) furthermore, this edition makes reference to new standards and is implementing ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2 in a more accurate manner.