PRICES include / exclude VAT
immediate downloadReleased: 2020-02-28
BS IEC 61892-1:2019 - TC
Tracked Changes. Mobile and fixed offshore units. Electrical installations General requirements and conditions
Price and currency
English Secure PDF
|Standard number:||BS IEC 61892-1:2019 - TC|
BS IEC 61892-1:2019 - TC
This standard BS IEC 61892-1:2019 - TC Tracked Changes. Mobile and fixed offshore units. Electrical installations is classified in these ICS categories:
- 47.020.60 Electrical equipment of ships and of marine structures
- 75.180.10 Exploratory, drilling and extraction equipment
- 29.260.99 Other electrical equipment for working in special conditions
IEC 61892-1:2019 is applicable to electrical installations and equipment in mobile and fixed offshore units, including pipeline, pumping or 'pigging' stations, compressor stations and single buoy moorings, used in the offshore petroleum industry for drilling, production, accommodation, processing, storage and offloading purposes.
It applies to all installations, whether permanent, temporary, transportable or hand-held, to AC installations and DC installations without any voltage level limitation. Referenced equipment standards may give voltage level limitations.
This document specifies requirements such as those concerning
– environmental conditions,
– power supply characteristics,
– location of electrical equipment in units,
– protection against external influences,
– protection against electrical shock, and
– ignition source control.
This document gives information and guidance on topics such as
– cold climate protection, and
– surface treatment and protective painting system.
This document does not apply to
– fixed equipment for medical purposes,
– electrical installations of tankers, and
– control of ignition sources other than those created by electrical equipment.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) voltage limitations have been removed;
b) definitions for fixed offshore units and mobile offshore units have been included;
c) tables for ambient air temperature and relative humidity have been removed, as this information will normally be given in owner's/operator's documentation for specific projects;
d) the requirement as to ignition source control has been moved from IEC 61892-7 to this document;
e) tables for voltage characteristics have been updated;
f) requirements for a minimum degree of protection for equipment have been moved from IEC 61892-2 to this document.