A.C. ventilating fans and regulators for household and similar purposes – Methods for measuring performance
Aérateurs à courant alternatif et régulateurs pour applications domestiques et analogues – Méthodes de mesure de l’aptitude à la fonction
|Standard number:||IEC 60665:2018|
|Language:||English/French - Bilingual|
IEC 60665:2018 specifies the performance and the corresponding methods of test of AC ventilating fans for household and similar purposes intended for air forcing and exhaust, driven by single-phase AC motors having a power consumption of less than 125 W (including any associated regulators) for use on single-phase AC circuits not exceeding 250 V.
This document applies to ventilating fans such as partition fans for walls and windows and duct fans.
This document does not apply to:
- the safety of electric fans for household and similar purposes (IEC 60335-2- 80);
- the performance of comfort fans (IEC 60879);
- range hoods and other cooking fume extractors (IEC 61591);
- airborne acoustic noise for fans (IEC 60704-2-7);
- electromagnetic compatibility of fans (CISPR 14-1 and CISPR 14-2, IEC 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-3).
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1980. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the test chambers have been updated;
b) a test chamber for a type D fan is introduced.