|Standard number:||VDA 6.3 edition 2023|
Product and Production Process Development
Product and Production Process Implementation
The VDA 6.3 standard is a standard developed by the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) and is used to audit a product in the production process of the automotive industry.
The objective of this standard is to ensure that manufacturers supply automotive components and systems that meet certain quality requirements. The process audit according to the VDA 6.3 standard focuses on the monitoring and evaluation of processes in the production environment to ensure the supply of quality and reliable products.
The standard focuses on key aspects such as quality control, documentation, control of production processes, identification and tracking of defective parts and resolution of discrepancies.
Process audits according to VDA 6.3 are usually carried out by external or internal auditors with expertise in the automotive industry and audit the various stages of production, including design, development, testing and production of the product itself. The results of the audit according to VDA 6.3 are then used to evaluate the reliability of the supplier and to improve the production processes. This standard has become an important tool for the automotive industry in ensuring the quality and safety of manufactured products.
Main changes VDA 6.3:2023
What has remained the same in both versions VDA 6.3?
- Classification system (A, B, C) for overall assessment
- Structure of questionnaire
- Evaluation model for individual questions (10-8-6-4-0)
- Use of Turtle Model
- Previous downgrading rules
Essential changes in new version VDA 6.3:2023
- Software-related matters considered in questionnaire
- Harmonization of content, especially with VDA methods Automotive SPICE® and VDA MLA
- Requirements regarding purchasing activities added to P3 and P4
- Notes on conducting remote audits added
- Chapter 4 “Audit process” deleted
- Chapter 8 “Process audit services” deleted (will be published in a separate publication VDA 6.8)
- Glossary transferred to higher-level VDA QMC online glossary
- Questions of special significance (marked with an asterisk *) partially reassigned
- Questions regarding potential analysis partially reallocated
Revision of questionnaire VDA 6.3:2023
- 59 questions
- 17 *-questions, partially redefined
- 35 questions on potential analysis
- “Assessment threshold” for potential analysis shifted
- Integration of software requirements
- Requirements with regard to purchasing in P3 and P4
Globally recognized and established Process Audit standard VDA 6.3/2016 has been completely revised.
Deployed in IT systems around the globe and Aligned with other standards such as IATF 16949, making it more precise and adapting it to changing requirements in the automotive industry.
VDA 6.3:2023 ENGLISH - Process Audit
VDA 6.3:2023 FRENCH - Audit de processus
VDA 6.3:2023 GERMAN - Prozessaudit
FMEA - New AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook - Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
Potential Failure Mode Effects Analysis, FMEA
VDA 6.2 - QM System Audit - Special Requirements for Service Organizations in the Automotive Industry
QM System Audit -Special Requirements for Service Organizations in the Automotive Industry
VDA 16 - Decorative Surfaces of external fittings and functional parts in the internal and externals of automobiles
Decorative Surfaces of external fittings and functional parts in the internal and externals of automobiles
QM - system audit - Serial Production
IATF 16949 - Quality management system for organizations in the automotive industry